What We Do: We help users to research and evaluate the right digital solutions for their organizations. As part of our directory of products and services, we provide original research and personalized guidance. Users may also connect directly with providers that choose to participate in our lead generation programs.
Our Privacy Practices: While using our Sites and Services, and as part of the normal course of business, we may collect personal information ("Information") about you. We want you to understand how we use the information we collect, and that you share with us, and how you may protect your privacy while using our Sites.
Your Consent: When you provide your Information to us, you consent to the collection, storage and use of your Information by us in accordance with the terms set out in this Policy.
• What information we collect from you and why we collect it.
• Cookies and other web technologies.
• How we use your Information.
• With whom we share your Information.
• How you may access your Information.
• Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your Information.
• How we safeguard your Information.
• Changes to this Privacy Notice.
• How you may contact us.
What information we collect from you and why we collect it
Types of Information: To enable visitors to take advantage of our services, we collect certain types of Information, such as during registration. This Information may include your first and last name, job title, telephone number, email addresses, billing information and social media profile information (including photo). We receive, store and share this Information within our Sites.
Legitimate Purpose: We collect this Information to support our legitimate interests in conducting our business: (i) to operate our programs; (ii) to fulfill your requests; (iii) to administer services on behalf of our providers under contract with us; and (iv) to respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries. We retain this Information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
Social Media: If you connect to our Sites through third party social media Sites like LinkedIn, we will receive Information from your social media account as further described below. You may choose not to provide Information to us, but some Information about you is required in order for you to enjoy the full benefits of being a registered user of our Sites.
If you log on to our Sites through your social media account, we will receive, where possible:
1. Your profile Information and will automatically populate your profile on our Sites with your name, job title, company name, profile photo, industry and company size (Note: you may request that this Information not be shown publicly on our Sites). 2. Information on your connections /network (Note: we will not access your connections' contact information or send messages to your connections).
Third Parties: We may also obtain Information about you from our Affiliates, business partners and independent third-parties. For example, if you visit our Sites by "clicking-through" from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then Information you provided to that partner may be shared with us to improve and personalize your use of our Sites.
Cookies: We automatically collect some information about your computer activity when you visit our Sites to help us customize your user experience. We will collect session data, including the time at which you visited our Sites, your IP address, web browser, referring website and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. We will also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited and keywords searched.
The technologies we use for this automatic information collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Flash Cookies are local stored objects used by certain features of our Sites to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Web Beacons are small electronic files (clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may be used by parts of our Sites to track the number of users who have visited those pages and other related website statistics (e.g., verification of system and server integrity).
We use these Web Technologies for the following general purposes:
• To help us customize your user experience on our Sites and on other websites across the Internet. (e.g., when you access a web page on our Sites, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate the Internet and to present you with information we believe may be of interest.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of Site features and offerings and advertisements (e.g., we work with third-party service providers to collect data about your use of the Sites for purposes of conversion tracking and serving ads targeted to your interests as you visit other websites across the Internet).
You may opt out of any of the above-referenced uses through the Do Not Track functionality in your web browser. Please note, however, that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access some of the benefits offered on our Sites.
How We Use Your Information to Support Our Business
We use the Information you share and we collect about you primarily for the legitimate interest of administering our business; (i) for registration and to manage your profiles and listings, including to facilitate your access to and use of our Sites; (ii) to enable us to publish your submitted content; (iii) to respond to your questions and requests and otherwise customize your digital markets experience; (iv) to measure interest in and improve our products and services; (v) to notify you about special offers available from us which may be of interest to you; (vi) to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems; (vii) to prevent prohibited or illegal activities and disclose to legal or government authorities upon lawful request; (viii) to enforce our policies; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
With Whom We Share Your Information
We may, in administering our Sites and Services to provide you the best possible online experience, share your Information with our Affiliates and with the following entities:
• Third-party providers who help us administer our Sites and Services may access and collect Information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the Information for any other purpose (e.g., marketing, customer service, business analytics, payment processing).
• Solution Providers. As part of our lead generation program, users consent to allow us to share their Information with providers participating in the program who meet their business needs. Users can also choose to contact providers anonymously to ask an initial or general question.
• Social Media Services. If you opt to access social media websites and services through our Sites (such as LinkedIn), you are sharing your Information with those sites under their privacy policies.
• Legal Process. We will share your Information in response to court orders and legal process; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law; when we believe it is necessary to investigate and prevent or protect and defend our rights, property, or safety as well as those of our customers; or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, investment, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We will notify you before we share your Information with third parties for reasons other than those listed above, and you will have an opportunity to opt out of such sharing. We also may share aggregate or anonymous information about you (which does not contain any personal information) to develop content and services and further improve your digital markets experience.
How You May Access Your Information
Your Choices With Respect to the Collection and Use of Your Information
You have choices with regard to how your Information is collected and used.
• Informed Consent. We will always inform you at the point of collection as to how your Information will be used so that you can make an informed decision. You may choose not to provide us with any Information about yourself and your preferences, although it may be needed to customize and get the most value from your digital markets experience.
• Unsubscribe. While data privacy laws permit us to send you communications related to administration of your services without including an unsubscribe option (e.g., service announcements and messages relating to your account), we will, where legally required, provide both registered and unregistered users with an option to unsubscribe from our non-administrative emails, such as our promotional and marketing communications.
• Access and Review. As described above, you may access, review, correct, update and delete the Information we hold about you as described above.
How We Safeguard Your Information
We are committed to safeguarding the Information you share with us. While we, like any website provider, cannot guarantee your security on the internet, we have, in accordance with applicable law, implemented appropriate administrative, technical and physical security controls to help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and ensure proper and effective use of the data we collect. In addition, only authorized employees are permitted to access Information, and only for permitted business functions. We use encryption when transmitting your Information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Information. In the end, you are responsible for activity on our Sites conducted with your credentials and for maintaining the secrecy of credentials that may be used to access your Account or Service; and you must immediately report to us, per the contact information at the end of this Policy, any suspected unauthorized activity.
Please Don't Hesitate to Contact Us